HW 9, due Tuesday Oct. 24, 2017
1) Find videos on youtube or elsewhere about each of the various spoil sports. On your blog, give (a) the web addresses of the videos, (b) your commentary on them, and (c) how good they are. Seven videos (or more).
2) Discuss how each of the "spoil sports of prediction" applies or does not apply to your project topic.
3) Take a favorite topic (your project topic is a good one). Discuss where it may be in 5 years, 10, 20, 50, 100, 200, 1,000, 10,000, and millions of years.
4) Read Asimov's "The Last Question" (text, video) and/or Vernor Vinge's "Technological Singularity." Critique and comment.
5) b. Write up 249 words or more of your final report (if a paper), or do the equivalent amount of work and explain specifically what you did it is not a paper.
c. Prepare an outline for your paper (if you are doing a paper). You can use this outline later to help organize your report or other product, presentation, etc. If not doing a report, do something of equivalent effort instead and describe.
If you are doing some other type of presentation, make an equivalent amount of progress and describe.
7) Grad students only: continue with the book you obtained. Read the next 20 pages. State the book title, author, and page numbers you have read. Discuss the pages, explaining what you agree with, disagree with, and how your views compare with those of other reviewers on Amazon or elsewhere.