HW 1, due Tu Aug. 30, 2016
1. Instead of handing in printed assignments (the old-fashioned way), or by email (not quite as old-fashioned) we will use a more modern method: a blog. Start a new blog for this course and its assigments. Email me the URL so I can access it. Any blog service will do, such as wordpress.com and various others. I am using blogger.com for this course, but am not ecstatic about it and am using wordpress.com for another course. One problem is that blogger.com is inextricably linked to your google account (it is owned by Google), which makes it harder to be anonymous. A more minor issue is that blogger.com blogs are posted to blogspot.com, not blogger.com (confusing). Why not consider Tumblr, at tumblr.com? ("Tumblr is really easy to get set up and start blogging." - https://blog.shareaholic.com/best-blogging-platform/) Or use LiveJournal (livejournal.com) which makes the fewest demands.
2. Check out the course web site (which is a blog). Find the links (on tabs near top of page) to the "Course Guidelines" and "Topic List and Syllabus." Notice the HWs are there too. HWs will be updated for this semester as we get to them. Navigate around a bit and note any questions you might have on your blog.
3. Go to the Web and find a URL about the future of a topic of your choice.
On your blog, give the link you found, and explain what it is and why it is interesting (e.g., why should someone check it out?).
4. Repeat question 3 with another URL.
5. Repeat question 3 again with a 3rd URL.